We want to make it easy for you to properly dispose of your old appliance—and we'll pay you to do it! Schedule online for a FREE pickup of your refrigerator or freezer. Then we’ll mail you a check for $35.
- BONUS! Do you have an old room air conditioner or dehumidifier? We'll pick it up at the same time as your fridge or freezer and give you another $10 rebate.
- To qualify for PPL’s Appliance Recycling Program, your refrigerator or freezer must be in working condition to align with the program goal of removing inefficient electric load from the grid.
- The refrigerator or freezer must be clean, empty, and defrosted.
- The refrigerator or freezer must be between 10 and 30 cubic feet in size.
- You must have an active electric account with PPL Electric Utilities at the address where you would like us to pick up the refrigerator/freezer.
- An adult, 18 years of age or older, must be present to sign a release form at the time of the pickup.
- The appliance must be plugged in on the day of the pickup.
- The appliance to be recycled must be disconnected from the waterlines prior to pick up crew’s arrival.
- You must provide clear and safe access to your appliances for the removal team. They will not risk injury or be able to move personal effects or modify your home (e.g., remove door or railings) to remove the unit(s).
- Side-by-side refrigerators are considered one appliance and are therefore eligible for one rebate.
To schedule by phone call 1-877-486-9204.